A formal orientation is provided for all students.
The Student Handbook is distributed to all students annually and is available to any applicant upon request. This handbook provides the student with a comprehensive overview of their rights and responsibilities and all policies and procedures that govern their attendance at the School. All students are responsible for becoming familiar with the handbook. The entire Student Handbook is available to any applicant upon request prior to admission.
Guidance and Counseling
The administration and faculty of the School provide an environment that offers support and encourages a positive adjustment to the program. The faculty provides academic counseling regarding theory and clinical achievement. Guidance is offered on a one-to-one and group basis.
Beebe School of Nursing advocates a healthy lifestyle. Students must utilize their own physician for any health problems. A pre-entrance physical with immunizations and a dental exam are required.
All students are required to maintain health insurance while enrolled at Beebe School of Nursing. Beebe Medical Center assumes no financial responsibility for any student healthcare costs.
Financial aid for prerequisite courses is administered through the college where the classes are taken. Beebe School of Nursing adheres to the belief that the primary responsibility for financing a post-secondary education rests with the student and their family. Financial assistance is only intended to serve as a supplement to the student and family resources. Financial planning is necessary to meet the expenses at Beebe School of Nursing. An application for a Federal Direct Loan could be denied depending on the student's loan debt. To be eligible for financial aid, students must be making satisfactory academic progress as stated in the following policies:
- Student Matriculation
- Academic Evaluation
Students who apply for financial aid at Beebe School of Nursing must complete the "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA). This form can be completed online at fafsa.ed.gov. Beebe School of Nursing participates in the following financial assistance programs:
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Pell Grants
- Veteran Benefits
Financial Aid Code of Conduct
To prohibit a conflict of interest when administering financial aid, the employees
of Beebe School of Nursing will comply with the following:
- Beebe School of Nursing does not participate in any revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender.
- Beebe School of Nursing does not permit any employee of the school who is involved in the administration of financial aid to accept any gifts of greater than a nominal value from any lender, guarantor, or servicer.
- Beebe School of Nursing does not permit any employee of the school to accept any fee, payment, or other financial benefit (including a stock purchase option) from a lender or affiliate of a lender as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or contract to provide services to a lender or on behalf of a lender relating to education loans.
- Beebe School of Nursing does not permit any employee to accept anything of value from a lender, guarantor, or group of lenders and/or guarantors in exchange for service on an advisory board, commission, or other group established by such a lender, guarantor, or group of lenders and/or guarantors. Beebe School of Nursing does allow for the reasonable reimbursement of expenses associated with participation in such boards, commissions, or groups by lenders, guarantors, or groups of lenders and/or guarantors.
- Beebe School of Nursing does not assign a lender to any first-time borrower through financial aid packaging or any other means.
- Beebe School of Nursing recognizes that a borrower has the right to choose any lender from which to borrow to finance his/her education. Beebe School of Nursing will not refuse to certify or otherwise deny or delay certification of a loan based on the borrower's selection of a lender and/or guarantor.
- Beebe School of Nursing will not request or accept any offer of funds to be used for private education loans to students from any lender in exchange for providing the lender with a specified number or volume of Title IV loans, or a preferred lender arrangement for Title IV loans.
- Beebe School of Nursing will not request or accept any assistance with call center or financial-aid staffing.
Reviewed: June 2011
Beebe School of Nursing has student council and class organizations. The organizations are self-governed, elect their own officers, and provide an opportunity for student participation in School and community activities. Student representatives serve on various student and faculty committees.
The president of Beebe School of Nursing's S.C.O. is a member of DSNA and NSNA. The dues for this membership are paid by S.C.O. Membership for all other students is encouraged.
Beebe Alumni Organization
Beebe Alumni Organization facilitates the professional growth of students through mentorship and sponsorship of formalized seminars. Graduates of Beebe School of Nursing are encouraged to join the Alumni Association. Membership provides for the professional growth of its members and networking within the profession.