Manager- Sterile Processing (FT)
"High School graduate or equivalent education. Minimum of five years of sterile processing experience. Minimum of two years of Management experience in sterile processing required. Previous experience as an Operating Room Technician beneficial. Thorough knowledge of items and equipment used in the department. Knowledge of principles of sterilization and decontamination. Must be able to set priorities. Demonstrates ability to read, write and follow written and oral directions. Must be certified as a Sterile Processing Technician. This individual is responsible for the supervision of the Sterile Processing Department. Working under the direction of the Director of Surgical Services this individual will actively support, promote and adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the department manuals.
Special information for candidates
All candidates must submit their application to Human Resources. You may fax your resume to 302-645-0965.
Effective January 1, 1998, the State of Delaware requires all healthcare and child care facilities to obtain the following on all employees.
Service letters are obtained from your current and previous employers. The service letter has questions and statements such as:
- The employee was directly involved on a daily or frequent basis providing services and/or care to clients/patients/residents/children.
- The employee was not directly involved providing services and/or care to clients/patients/residents/children on a daily or frequent basis, but did occasionally provide some care and/or services.
- The employee did not provide services and/or care to clients/patients/residents. Children, but did have some contact with them.
- Reason for separation from service: Laid off, Resigned, Discharged, Abandoned position or other reason.
Information relating to employee's performance
- Child Abuse Investigations: Effective 1/1/98, the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families, Office of Child Care requires that persons seeking employment in a healthcare facility shall submit to a Child Abuse Registry check. A search of the Child Abuse Registry will be conducted to determine if the person is a perpetrator in any substantiated cases of child abuse or neglect.
- Adult Abuse Registry: Effective 1/1/98, for persons seeking employment, the Delaware Health and Social Services, Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities requires that the Adult Abuse Registry provide information regarding adult abuse or neglect.
- Fingerprinting: For persons seeking employment in Home Health or Gull House — the Delaware Health and Social Services, Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities requires fingerprinting on each new employee. Fingerprinting will be completed in Employment.
- Driving Record: For persons seeking employment in Plant Engineering, Security, Information Systems, Home Health, or any other department requiring driving, Beebe Medical Center will complete a driving record on each new employee.