Discover New Horizons
Imagine working just a few blocks from one of America’s most-treasured ocean vistas. Imagine relaxing on beaches that are among the best in the nation. Imagine launching your medical career in a place where award-winning healthcare goes hand-in-hand with an exceptional quality of life.
Now stop imagining! And discover Beebe Medical Center on the Delaware Coast.
Beebe Medical Center is a progressive, not-for-profit community hospital in picturesque Lewes, Delaware. We’re a short drive from Washington, Baltimore, and Philadelphia — and just three hours from New York City — yet we’re a world apart from urban congestion, expense and pressures.
Here you’ll discover the enchanting family-oriented beaches of lower Delaware, praised for the quality of their boardwalks and seashore by National Geographic, Travel and Leisure, American Profile, and even the National Resources Defense Council. You’ll also be immersed in recreational opportunities, including water sports, outdoor life, golf, and cycling, and cultural offerings ranging from beach life and festivals to theater, fine art and superb dining. Plus, southern Delaware has a low crime rate, overall low taxes, and NO state sales tax.
Professionally, you’ll be part of an exceptionally talented and experienced health care team, whose accomplishments and commitment to excellence are repeatedly recognized with national awards. If you’re interested in teaching, you’ll be excited to know that Beebe is affiliated with a major Philadelphia medical school and has other clinical associations as well.
For all these reasons and many more, we urge you to learn more about Beebe Medical Center, where you’ll find the perfect balance between a challenging, rewarding medical career and a fulfilling, active lifestyle. Come discover Beebe, a place where you can make a difference — and that will make a difference in you!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Marilyn Hill, Director of Physician Services
Beebe Medical Center Highlights
- Licensed for 210 beds
- More than 340 providers
- More than 1,900 staff members
- 120,000 year-round population and growing; nearly 500,000 in the summer
- 50,000+ Emergency visits yearly
- Strong service lines: Cardiovascular Services, including Cardiac surgery and Interventional Cardiology; Orthopaedic Services; OB/GYN and Women's Health; Oncology; and Gastroenterology/Bariatrics
- Facilities include: free-standing surgery center; cancer center with medical, surgical, and radiation oncology; 256-slide CT scanner; 3.0T MRI; PET scan, imaging and lab centers; two outpatient health campuses with third planned; school of nursing
- Strong population health program
Awards and Recognition
- 2010-2013 HealthGrades® Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ - ranked in top 5% of all hospitals in the nation for overall patient outcome.
Additional Healthgrades Recognitions
America's Best 100 Hosptials
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention™ for 2 years in a row (2012-2013)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ for 2 years in a row (2012-2013)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement™ for 2 years in a row (2012-2013)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery™ for 2 years in a row (2012-2013)
- Certified by the Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center, and designated by The American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery as Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
- Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology and named a Center of Excellence in Women’s Health by the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons granted Tunnell Cancer Center a Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation, a coveted designation.
- Highest quality rating for Cardiac Surgery program from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons and produces among the best patient outcomes in Delaware
Learn more >