A Good Area to Build Your Career
If you are a new physician, you are launching your career at a time of unprecedented opportunities. To all the physicians who want careers with a progressive organization focused on creating healthier communities, we issue a special invitation for you to come to Beebe.
At Beebe you’ll find a staff dedicated to excellence and quality in patient care, outcomes, efficiency, and safety. We don’t just say it. We prove it every year in independent performance reviews. We are extremely proud that the information on patient outcomes that Medicare collects and publicly reports shows Beebe Medical Center provides high quality medical care that produces excellent results and outcomes for our patients.
Our vision is for Sussex County, Delaware, to be one of the healthiest counties in the nation, by keeping people well, and making people well. Here you’ll also find a true community spirit, where outreach is more than a slogan, and where screenings, health fairs, and proactive involvement in underserved areas are important to all of us.
Our community is growing, and if making a difference and striving for excellence in a progressive hospital and family-oriented environment fits your vision, then we look forward to hearing from you. In return for your commitment and dedication to medical excellence, you’ll be enriched by your many personal and professional experiences.
At Beebe Medical Center, we welcome and support you in your transition and throughout your professional career. We invite you to come visit us and see for yourself – this is a great place to build your future!
Currently, we are recruiting for a number of specialties. Learn more.
The physician community is diverse and vibrant. The southern Delaware community is an economically healthy, highly desirable work area attracting top-level, highly skilled medical professionals.
Cost of Living
The ACCRA Cost of Living Index Comparison shows our area to be highly affordable, particularly in comparison to Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Learn more.
MRI, CAT scan, and PET scan facilities are available at the Beebe Health Campus. High-quality ancillary services are available throughout the community. Beebe Medical Center has invested in an extensive range of state-of-the-art medical technology.
Local banks are especially welcoming to new professional-level individuals moving into the community. They offer attractive loan programs and private banking with personal attention.
The State Offers a Repayment Program
Beebe provides assistance packages to our private practitioners
Big Fish, Smaller Pond
Beebe Medical Center is the sole hospital presence in southeastern Delaware, enabling doctors to "make a difference," to gain earlier significant advancement in local practices, and to develop a solid patient base.
Above all, the Beebe philosophy is to invest in people — talented professionals — who will continue to provide Beebe's expert care and unique, compassionate touch that so many have come to know and appreciate. It is a partnership where our physicians do make a difference.
Schools in Sussex County
- At all levels, Beebe service area schools maintain student-to-teacher ratios of 17-to-1 or better.
- All of the county's elementary and middle schools are rated "Superior" in the state's most recent Student Testing Program results.
- Sussex Technical High School is ranked as a "National School of Excellence" by the U.S. Department of Education. Students at Sussex Tech consistently outperform all others in state testing programs.
- Sussex Technical High School teaches a full college prep curriculum, with special emphasis on education in state-of-the-art technology. The school's goal is to assure that its students meet the "challenging academic standards" it has established.
- Beebe communities spend significantly more than most communities on education per pupil, between 115% and 125% of the national average.
- The Cape Henlopen School District, the largest school district in the area, has built a new middle school and is building a new high school.
- Cape Henlopen High School was on Newsweek's list of America's Top Public High Schools in 2007 and 2008.