Bringing the Hospital Home
When you need help at home, call the medical professionals at Beebe Home Health Agency. They have been bringing quality healthcare into the homes of area residents since 1985.
Who can benefit from home healthcare?
Home healthcare benefits anyone who needs skilled care to live independently at home due to an illness or disability: individuals who have acute illness or injury requiring high-tech care that can be provided at home, patients who require short-term assistance at home because of same-day or outpatient surgery, and many others who can benefit from intermittent services to prevent hospitalization due to a complication for a chronic condition.
Beebe Home Health Agency works with you and your doctor to develop and manage your individual plan of care. You can receive Beebe Home Health Agency care following hospitalization through a case manager or discharge planner who will meet with you to answer any question you may have, or you may consult with your physician. Once you have selected Beebe Home Health Agency, a professional nurse or therapist will do an in-home assessment and then coordinate your care following consultation with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
Who pays for home health services?
In addition to Medicare and Medicaid, home health services are generally covered by insurance, most private insurance plans, and managed-care organizations. Beebe Home Health Agency staff will research and verify your insurance coverage and obtain any necessary authorizations. We will bill the insurance provider for you, so you can concentrate on getting well.
Home Health Services
- Skilled nursing
- Catheter care
- Continence care
- Skin/decubitus care
- Diabetic care and education
- Special feedings
- TPN/nutritional support
- Dressing changes/wound care
- Intravenous therapy
- Laboratory tests
- Medication monitoring
- Pain management
- Patient and family education
- Patient assessment and monitoring
- Ambulation evaluation and instruction
- Balance disorder evaluation and intervention
- Individualized therapeutic exercise to restore function
and prevent or minimize disability
- Musculoskeletal evaluation and treatment
- Prosthetics training
- Development of muscle function, coordination, and hand use
- Mobility training related to everyday tasks
- Recommendation of assistive devices
- Home safety adaptations
- Self-care and home management training
- Visual perception retraining
- Programs for stroke and other neurological disorders
- Rehabilitative instruction for speech and language, communication disorders, and for improved cognitive function
- Treatment for swallowing disorders
Medical Social Work
- Counseling and education regarding long-range planning and financial assistance
- Accessing available community resources
- Short-term counseling to assist with adjustment to illness
Certified Home Health Aides
- Personal Assistance
- Home exercise
- Walking and mobility
If you need home healthcare, consult with your physician, ask your hospital manager for more information, or call the Beebe Home Health Agency directly at 302-854-5210.
Beebe Home Health Agency is certified by Medicare and Medicaid and is accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- The Home Health Agency
Beebe Medical Center
20232 Ennis Road
Georgetown, DE 19947