Orthopaedic Patient Care Information
Your orthopaedic surgeon will start with a personal interview and physical examination. This along with diagnostic tests will help you and your doctor select the best plan to help you to live an active life.
Orthopaedic surgeons perform many types of surgeries. The most common procedures are:
- Arthroscopy – using special cameras and equipment to visualize, diagnose, and treat problems inside the joint.
- Fusion – a process by which bones are fused or "welded" together
with bone grafts and internal devices, such as metal rods, to heal
into a single solid bone.
- Internal Fixation – used to hold the broken pieces of bone in proper position with metal plates, pins, or screws while the bone is healing.
- Osteotomy – correcting a bone deformity by cutting and
repositioning the bone.
- Soft-tissue Repair – mending of soft tissue, such as torn
ligaments or tendons
- Joint Replacement – removal of an arthritic or damaged joint and replacing it with an artificial joint, which is called a prosthesis. There are three types of joint replacement – partial, total, and revision.
- Spine – surgical spine treatment includes traditional fusion, laminectomy, and diskectomy procedures as well as minimally invasive surgery.
Beebe Imaging provides high-quality imaging services at convenient times and locations. Our knowledgeable professional staff is committed to providing you with efficient and courteous service. Visit one of our locations in Lewes, Georgetown, Millville, or Rehoboth Beach.
Beebe Imaging is accredited by the Joint Commission and is also accredited by the American College of Radiology. No appointments are necessary for routine diagnostic tests (X-rays).
For Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) or other radiological tests that require an appointment contact the scheduling office at 302-645-FAST (3278).
Learn more about Beebe Imaging locations and services. >
Same Day Surgery
Many orthopaedic procedures may be performed through Same Day Surgery (SDS). Surgeries may be performed at the main hospital campus on Savannah Road in Lewes or at the Outpatient Surgery Center at the Beebe Health Campus on Route 24 in Rehoboth Beach. Each patient will be cared for by a primary nurse.
Arthroscopy is the most common surgery, although many other types of orthopaedic surgery may be done on a same-day basis. The entire staff has been trained in the special needs of the short-stay patient.
Beebe physical therapists offer personalized, positive healing programs. Physical therapy is a key part of Beebe's continuum of care. We help you to regain mobility and freedom so you can enjoy the highest quality of life possible.
From inpatient to outpatient or home care, our therapists offer a full range of physical therapy services for:
- Joint replacements
- Traumatic injury
- Low back pain
- Shoulder dysfunction
Our outpatient locations can be found in Lewes, Millsboro, Millville, and Rehoboth Beach. Learn more about Beebe Rehab locations and services. >
Beebe Home Health Agency works with you and your doctor to develop and manage your individual plan of care. Many physical therapy services are available, including:
- Ambulation evaluation and instruction
- Balance disorder evaluation and intervention
- Individualized therapeutic exercise to restore function and prevent or minimize disability
- Musculoskeletal evaluation and treatment
To contact Beebe Home Health Agency call 302-854-5210.
Interested in orthopaedic care at Beebe?
To learn more, contact your primary care physician, or one of
Beebe's orthopaedic surgeons.